Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why Me?

So, I'm getting sick again :( Actually, I am already sick. Yesterday I had an itchy scratchy throat in the morning, by 3pm my nose was stuffy, and by 8pm I felt really poopy! This morning I woke up and wanted to role right back into bed, but I've got lots to do today plus a quiz tonight on stuff I haven't studied. Speaking of which, let me tell you about last nights test. So, this class is 2 and a half hours long and we are allowed to take the whole time for the test. No matter what class I'm taking, whenever we have tests I'm always the first (or real close to first) one to finish...ALWAYS! Last night was no different, I was the very first one to finish at 7:45pm. This means I spent 2 hours and 15 minutes on the test, leaving only 15 minutes early from when class would be let out. Nobody seemed to be hastily moving toward the exit, nor did I see anyone behind me as we sped out of the parking lot. A half hour later I got a phone call from my friend who is also in the class and she said he had to cut off about 20 people because "times-up"! She didn't even have time to finish her last 2 problems! Here's the deal: he has 20 multiple choice questions, 4 short answer questions, 4 medium sized problems, and 1 very large problem. Most every single multiple choice needed a calculation as well as all the problems. We were constantly crunching numbers. I can see why this took everyone so long because what we are doing requires lots and lots of meticulous steps. If you mis-step, you can mess up the entire problem...NOT GOOD!

So, I finished my test, walked up to the front and turned it in, went back to my seat and put on my hoodie, packed up my backpack, went back to the front to turn in my homework, and left the classroom, and not one person had even stood up. One may think, "Roshelle, you totally rushed through everything and got everything wrong." Another may think, "Roshelle, you knew everything and knew exactly what the answers were." We will not know the fate of this test until next Tuesday (unless he posts the grades before that), but I'll be sure to keep you all posted to whether I rushed through it or not!

On to more important things, the weather! It is looking sunny sunny sunny here today and it only makes me want to feel better faster! Last time I was sick, the weather was disgusting, so it only made sense to want to sleep all day and night, well not this time. It makes me want to suck it back and enjoy this lovely day and the ones that come after it. It's perfect baseball watching weather, it's perfect shorts weather, it's perfect eat outside for lunch weather, it's perfect read a book on the back porch weather, it's perfect walk your dogs weather, and it's perfect lay out by the pool (or beach) weather. Everyone loves this kind of weather!

Enjoy your day, wherever you are or whatever you are doing!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment