Monday, June 25, 2012

End of an Era

Sometime ago, over 8 years ago at least, I got my labret pierced!  Before you over-react, that is the space on your face just below your lower lip.

It's been part of "my look" for a long while now.  Well, because of my circus act at my softball tourney last week, I cracked the tooth that is directly behind my labret piercing.

Oh boy did it hurt!  I couldn't eat anything all last week and I was worried the dentist was gonna pull it out during my appointment on Thursday.  Thankfully, he didn't pull it, but did tell me I needed a crown on it.  Personally I'm thinking I could just grill the whole front section like Kanye, or Nellie, or Lil Wayne!
Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that once I get my crown, I will be permanently removing my labret piercing!  It is truly the end of an era.  Just like when I officially took out my nose piercing, or officially removed my tongue piercing.  Both of those events were HUGE decisions, but I've gotten past them, just like I'll get past this...I'll just unfortunately have a whole in my lip for a while and hopefully it'll close up a bit so that it's somewhat un-noticeable!

Basically, if I'm gonna pay major bucks for this crown, I'm not gonna ruin it with this piercing.  Maybe I'm growing up...nah!  Just wisening up!

"So long, dear friend!  It sure was a nice time we've spent together.  I hope you have a good time in the drawer with all my other old piercings.  And one day may you welcome my other piercings with open arms!"

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment