Friday, June 15, 2012

Today Is My Birthday!


I'm one of those people who LOVES to celebrate their Birthday!  I don't mind admitting my real age, nor do I mind getting older.  I normally find that I'm the oldest one in a large group of friends, but I'm okay with that for 2 reasons:  I'm older, which means I'm wiser AND I look like I'm still in my 20's (if you look past all my gray hairs)!

But really, I can't think of anything better than receiving presents for my Birthday!  Actually, I'm not as materialistic as that sounds, but I really love presents!  They can be actual physical gifts like shirts and hats and watches and large items like that, or they can be personalized items like a handmade card, doing something thoughtful like sewing the buttons onto my shorts, or even just remembering to call or say hello and I love you!  It doesn't matter what you give or how much you spend, cause knowing that you care about it is present enough.  I try to explain this to the GF sometimes, but she still gets me the kind of presents I can unwrap!!

So, in a little less than 2 hours, I will officially be turning 34 years old!  I have been celebrating for about 15 days now and I plan to continue celebrating for at least another 15 days.  Then I have 11 months to wait until I began the process all over again!  I will take a small timeout next week for my niece who turns 7 years old...SEVEN!  That's the smart one that I'm always talking about...if I could go back to when I was 7, I would remember that I had an older brother who was a butthead, carpet that was a bit shaggy and greenish/yellowish/orangish in color.  I had bangs and actually wore the color purple.  And I'm pretty sure I hated wearing dresses back then too!


This wasn't it, but this is how I remember it!

Anywho, Happy Birthday to Me!  Next time I talk to you, I'll be just a bit more mature!  Who am I kidding...a bit less!!

~Chix

3 comments:

  1. Happppppppy Birthday! Try not to be too mature :)

    -Laura is Undeterrable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day and a super weekend :)

    Wishing you a magical year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete