Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Bestest Running Bests

Miss Zippy, a fellow blogger, asked her followers to tell her about their bests in 2011.  It's a quick list, so I thought I'd let you all in on some of mine!

Best Race Experience:  Definitely the Vegas RnR.  I know many, many people hate RnR forever because they didn't have a good race experience with this one, but it was by far my favorite RnR so far!  The lights, the crowd, the energy, the new PR...all of it was something I'll never forget.

Best Run:  This would have to be my 10K I ran during Halloween.  It was the one run all year where I knew I felt good the whole race.  It was also the run that made me believe I was still on track for my Vegas race plan.

Best New Piece of Gear:  I got 2 new pairs of shoes that are identical.  One pair in January and then the same pair in October.  I love them both and I can't wait til I'm done being sick, so I can get back up on my treadmill with them!

Best Piece of Running Advice You Received:  Shut up and Run from SUAR herself.  She said not to over think it and that I didn't necessarily need the motivation I'd been looking for, but to just do it.  There's absolutely nothing holding me back except for myself, so just shut up and run!

Most Inspirational Runner:  I'm not an ultra runner, nor am I even a marathon runner, but Fast Cory is one inspirational guy!  There's something about reading his Javelina Jundred Recap that makes me love running even more.  I'm also a huge fan of 50 Half Marathons in 50 States!  She has run more races just this year than my own town puts together in 2 years!  I'm not sure I'll ever run as far or as fast as either one of them, but they definitely keep me going!  If I lack the motivation I was looking for in the question above, I can definitely get it from these two!

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be: As a runner I would have to say, "Finally, a Breakthrough!"  In my personal world I would say, "My dreams are starting to come true!"  As a life partner to the wonderful GF, I'd have to say, "Just another great year in our love story!"

Thanks for a great year (obviously more on this later)!

~Chix

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for playing! I love that you had a good experience at RnR Vegas, even when no one else did! And anyone who like SUAR is ok in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a pretty a-okay year :) I didn't have a bad time in Vegas...I just got sick. But I still had fun :)

    Here's to continuing love stories :)

    ReplyDelete