Monday, December 12, 2011

Where All My Time Goes

About 7 1/2 years ago, I signed up for this thing called MySpace.  Shortly thereafter (within a month or two) a good friend told me to sign up for this thing called Friendster, and shortly after that I signed up for this thing called Facebook.  I was obsessed with MySpace, as were many many others.  I started to realize that I was spending WAY too much time searching out long lost friends and commenting on pages of people I spoke to everyday anyway.  It was seriously cutting into my procrastination at work, so I decided "to hell with all this social network crap"!  If people want to get ahold of me, they can call or text me, or email or snailmail me!  I officially deleted all of my social network accounts.  Most people hadn't even heard of Facebook yet when I deleted it!  I wasn't going to consume myself with silly social media outlets anymore.

I have friends and family who forget about me because they post everything about themselves on Facebook.  They wonder why I didn't know they had a baby, or adopted a dog, or bought a new house, or moved away!  Everyone always wants you to post something or comment somewhere or Like their page, but I don't have that ability because I don't have a Facebook page.  I don't even Tweet and I'm not quite sure what a hashtag is!  My brother is very tech saavy and social media friendly and whenever he talks to me about this stuff my eyes sort of gloss over.  I haven't even seen the movie The Social Network!  I'm actually quite sad about this because I've tried to honor Justin Timberlake's acting abilities and I feel I'm not accomplishing that task by not having seen this movie yet!

Anywho, I'm beginning to think that Running Blogs are becoming my new Facebook.  Everything I care about I can find in all the running blogs that I follow: running, beer, and poop!  I can spew at the mouth everyday for those that are willing to listen, and I can read up on the latest race, interesting new training methods, great after race beers, and the best poop stories ever!  I've found myself not wanting to do anything but read blogs, find new ones to follow, and thinking about what I'm going to write next.  All while trying to build a bigger fan base.  Please tell your friends to follow me...I'm funny...and they won't find this on Facebook!  But it is taking up a lot of my time!  And I love it!

What do you love about blogging?

Would you tell your friends to follow me if I had a Giveaway?

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment