Friday, July 27, 2012

The Olympics: It's Here...It's Finally Here!

It's Olympics time!!!!!
Yay!  I'm so so excited!!  Tonight we're gonna veg out in front of the tv and watch the opening ceremonies, which are currently happening in London as I blog!  It's hard to not click on the "spoiler alert" pictures and articles popping up all over the net...there's also a "live stream" that's screaming my name!  But the GF and I have been planning tonight for about 4 years now, so it's really exciting.  We had to make a pact today that over the weekend and the next 2 weeks we have to make sure we get all our work done BEFORE turning on the Olympics.

It's that time of year when air rifle shooting, badminton, and fencing are a "Must-See"!! It's that time of year when it's okay to get caught practicing your trampoline moves on the spare mattress.  And it's that time of year when the only thing you care to be doing on a Sunday morning at 6am is watching women run for 26.2 miles and even though all they're doing is running, you can't seem to scrape your eyes off the tv!  Oh, what a great time of year!

The Olympics are a great reminder that there are a lot better athletes out there than me if I put my mind to something, I can become really great!  Not that I ever want to become an Olympic marathoner, but I can certainly get faster than I am today!  It's also a great reminder that my life must be some kind of boring if I'd rather sit around and watch handball and judo, then to get out and make something of myself.  Maybe I'm just bitter that I didn't make the US Table Tennis team.  I think it's because I wouldn't stop calling it Ping Pong, but whatever!  That's not the point! 

The point of all this is that it's the one time (every two or four years) that the best of the best all gather in one place to show the world how good they really are!  And I wanna be able to say, "I saw that happen on tape delay that I DVR'ed and watched 2 weeks after the Olympics was officially over!"

So, pop your popcorn and grab your seats, it's gonna be a wild non Summer Olympics in London!

~Chix


No comments:

Post a Comment