Wednesday, June 16, 2010

He Stole My Thunder!

Well, we all knew it was bound to happen. I've mentioned it here before: When the GF gets sick, I get sick...and I think the inevitable is knocking on my door. My throat is scratchy today and it's of great importance that I nip this thing in the bud ASAP! And you all know why too...the race is in 10 days. Who wants to run 13.1 miles with a scratchy throat and stuffed up nose? Not me! So, I am about to go home and take lots of meds and try to kill it before it gets really bad! Pray for me!

Yesterday ended up being a great day! I got lots of phone calls and texts and cards and sweets from all my loved ones! Thank you very much. I appreciate it greatly. I'm still in the midst of celebrating though, so don't be surprised if I say "today is my birthday"!! My birthday was up on the big screen at the baseball game last night, but I was upstaged by a Jumbo-tron Marriage Proposal Guy! It's true, some guy proposed to his lady on the jumbo-tron last night...lucky for him, she said yes, then it looked like they got hammered throughout the night. As for me, I got a new hat from the GF and ended the day very happy!

I've been a hard-working woman the past couple days! My desk is all cleared off, all my filing is done, most all the bills have been sent, and I'm just a few tasks away from having all my work done before the big trip. I'm really proud of myself, especially because I normally lack motivation when there's stuff I have to do at work! Even the mailman noticed how clear my desk was...that's a bit embarrassing huh!! Oh, well!

Here's to 10 days and counting...

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment