Thursday, June 3, 2010

Now & Later

You thought I forgot about you...but I didn't. It's just been a weird last week. So, the GF left town on Friday and I was a little lost without her. She was a bit lost without me too though! My 3-day weekend was spent mostly witing to get texts or phone calls from her letting me know where on earth she was driving to next! She was all over the place in her few days of not-so-much-vacation. I spent the rest of my time at a friends house who made me dinner Sat, Sun, and Mon night, so I was happy. I finally put together a bathroom cabinet we've had since February, and I took a couple great naps.

Work has been crazy the past few days. As much as I'm not motivated to do my work, I've got to get my act together in the next 2 weeks, since I'll be leaving town for a while. I'd just much rather be sleeping than doing basically anything else.

As for my training, I'm gonna have to pick that up too over the next few weeks, since the race is in 23 days...and counting! I did a 10 miler this past Saturday and at about mile 8.5 I wanted to crap out, so I did this awkward speed walk for the last bit. I've got another 10 miler this weekend so hopefully I can make it to at least 9. I just need to stay focused during the week and remind myself why I'm doing all this in the first place. I've been placing a lot of my focus lately on the GF because I'm just so proud of how far she's come. If anything, I can be sure of the fact that I've inspired her. She's done amazing things in just 3 months and I think she's getting addicted! She's gonna be faster than me in no time! I have to use some of her motivation to get me ready to go...like I said...only 23 more days!!

This weeks mission: Get my shit together now, so I can have fun later.

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment