Sunday, January 29, 2012

FYTO 5K Recap

Today I participated in the 2nd Annual Freeze Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K!  This race was organized by The Boring Runner and I'm glad he did it.  Here's a few reasons why:
  • When I woke up yesterday to run the race, my neck and back were VERY sore, so I knew that it probably wasn't gonna happen.  I thought I'd take Saturday as a rest day and hopefully Sunday I'd be out the door running!
  • Sunday I woke up with still sore areas, so I decided to walk the 5K instead.  This benefitted the whole family!  The GF joined me as did the pups!
  • It was a gorgeous day outside, so it was more like a Cool Breeze Your Thorns Off instead!
  • We made a large loop around our neighborhood that included a small park, a library, a ditch, some new houses, some old houses, lots of dogs trying to get out of their yards, a doggie park (where we stopped for 15 minutes), a large park, some police officers, and a few people!
  • I feel so good about being able to get out of the house for over an hour, even with some sore joints and muscles.
  • And I got some great pics of the pups with their race bibs on!
    Which way did we come from?
    
    Can we please take these off now?
    
    That's enough! Where's the water dish?
I'm hoping they'll sleep through the rest of the afternoon now!  So, a big thank you to The Boring Runner for organizing this race.  Hopefully I'll be in better shape to run during the summer race!

~Chix

1 comment: