Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm Tired and Undertrained

Hi!  I miss you!  I've got loads to tell you!  First of all, Happy May 2-4 Day to my Canadian friend!

School

School is going well, but Mondays and Wednesdays are VERY long days!  I was exhausted both days before I had even taught my second class.  Fortunately, I feel like I know what I'm doing and I'm pretty well prepared.  There are still some things I need to get done, but I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be at this point!  Even though I complained about being so busy the last few weeks, it's paid off!  My students are great and so I'm really excited about how this summer semester will turn out!

Baseball
I love these guys and it absolutely kills me to miss all these games, but I'm going tonight and I'm really excited about it!  And I'm going tomorrow and Saturday and Monday.

Race Training

Horrible week of training, but the 2 runs I got in were amazing! I have played about 7 softball games since Friday, but I don't think those are very good training runs! And for some reason, lunch sounds better than running these days.  There are 10 days till San Diego RnR and I'm not doing my best training.  So, here it is, I'm no longer calling San Diego my PR race.  It seems like a lot of pressure to put on myself while I'm going through a sucky training cycle.  So, I'm just gonna go out there and run...if I PR, GREAT!  If I don't, maybe next time!  I feel better already!  Maybe the sun and the moon will align someday and that'll be a sign to me that it's gonna be a good race...but until something like that happens, I'm just gonna run!

~Chix


 

1 comment:

  1. Just do the race and have a great time, no need to stress over something that life just happened to come in the way of training. There'll be other races :). You'll probably do a lot better than you think, too!

    ReplyDelete