The last two weeks have been nothing but preparation for my summer classes. It's kind of tough being a new instructor because you don't have "past semesters" to draw upon.
- First off, I wanna make sure I know the material that I have to teach my students. It would obviously be a little silly if I didn't know what I was talking about, or how to pretend to know what I'm talking about!
- Second, I need to make sure I have all the materials ready for my lectures. This includes powerpoints, exercises, homework assignments, quizzes, and exams.
- And lastly, I wanna make sure I have the class laid out perfectly, so I know I can cover all the material in the time that I have (for the summer it's about 22 class periods).
So, these are all the things running through my head every second of every day, along with other things like: running, my real job duties, softball, baseball, the GF, food, tv, and life. Please note that "every second of every day" also means when I'm sleeping...last night I dreamt about creating in class assignments...Fun huh?
- 17 more training days
- 2 of those are long runs (last long run trying not to overdo it, since race is week away)
- 5 of those are rest, or easy days (easy before long runs and race, easy after long
- 2 of those are speedwork days
- 8 of those are hard training days (working on increasing overall speed and mileage)
Hopefully I can stay motivated and healthy!
And these guys are back in town tonight! I'm half excited and half bummed about this. Here's how I break it down:
- They have a 12 game homestand
- 2 of those I'll miss because I'm teaching
- 1 I'll miss because I have rec softball
- 3 I'll miss due to a softball tourney this weekend (possibly make portions of those games)
- 3 I'll miss due to Memorial Day weekend plans (possibly travelling out of town)
- 3 I should be able to go to with no problems (except I have to leave early tonight to work on
I hope you've enjoyed my lists!
What's on your To Do list these days?