Friday, May 28, 2010

Weighing in on the Situation

Good afternoon people! The weather for the last two days has been terrible! It's been sunny, almost 90 degree weather until about 1pm, when all of a sudden these really REALLY dark clouds start sneaking their way over the city, the wind starts blowing hysterically, and rain begins to drench everything in sight. All I wanna do is pick up the dog poop, but it keeps raining! Luckily, the weather was only supposed to be here for 2 days, so if it comes back tomorrow, I'm gonna be really pissed off!!

I'm sure it doesn't come as a surprise to hear me say that I'm tired, but I actually have a reason today. I didn't sleep well because I was so scared we'd sleep through the alarm and the GF would miss her ride to Cali. Silly, huh! I went to bed around 11:30, just after telling the GF she didn't need to vacuum the house, and started tossing and turning. Mostly because I was scared we'd oversleep, but also because one of the pups kept kicking me in the face! But now I feel so bad because the GF was up until 2am trying to get everything packed, organized, and clean and I was snoozing away. Then, she lost about 7 hours today just sitting around waiting to leave...one of those typical "hurry up and wait" situations. I'm sure her mind was swimming with things she could have been doing during that 7 hour wait and she's probably a whole lot peeved that they left so late and I know she'll never say that to them, but once she arrives and has a good long nap/sleep, she'll calm down and know that she only has 3 more days until she sees me again!!

As for me, I've gotta do stuff by myself this weekend that I'd normally do with her. Might be a bit weird...for instance, we were both a little unsure of what I would eat while she's away. You laugh, but she almost made me some large portion freezer dishes so I wouldn't go hungry!! If you see me this weekend and I'm looking a bit pale, just give me a cracker!

I've lost some weight with all this running and eating healthy crap! It's good, but now it's noticeable when I gain a few of those pounds back. For instance, let's say I weighed 126 pounds and now I weigh 120 pounds. Things are going good, then I drink a case of beer and eat a plate of nachos and some fried foods. Then I weigh myself and NOW I weigh 123 pounds! It happens so quick and then it takes another 2 months to lose those 3 pounds again. Why does food and booze have to taste so good!

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Eat something unhealthy!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment