Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 90

So, I've talked about making goals before. I've talked about setting my own goals, monthly and yearly. I've also talked about the GF achieving some of her own goals. I've been known to have pretty large goals too, but somehow they always seem unreachable, untouchable, or just to extraordinary. But really, it's about breaking those large goals into smaller attainable ones, so that larger goal can seem reachable, touchable, and not so out of this world! For instance, let's use this half-marathon as an example. When I decided to run the race, there was no way I could even barely run 2 miles at once. So, it doesn't even make sense to try running 13 miles every day until I can do it. What makes more sense is breaking my training runs into smaller goals, like running a 5K first, then a 10K, then a 9-miler, possibly an 11-miler, and finally the 13 mile race.

This "smaller goal" concept can be used for many many types of goals in life. Like working on projects, planning for big trips, or even trying to get your dream job. So, make sure you have small goals that you can feel positive about reaching, so the large goal doesn't always feel so far away!

You know, my Masters program was a long 2 year journey with about 33 credit hours, 11 classes in Spring, Fall, and Summer. There was tons of homework, lots of studying for tests, many many hours at the library, hours spent in front of the computer, long papers, short papers, take home tests, tax returns, presentations, too much group work, and lots of memorization. Classes were online, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Study time was any free time in between and the majority on Sundays. Most nights were devoted to studying, class, or homework for over 2 years. It was a long road which has finally come to an end and although I said some thanks in my blog yesterday, I'd really like to thank my GF! She has stuck by me through all of this. Everything I just listed above she was a part of. She gave me my space to study. She drove me to the library and to class countless times. She sacrificed our time together so I could work on my school stuff. She even had her own struggles along the way and still supported me with my own. Because of her, I am successful! Because of her, I stayed level headed during all this. Because of her, I'm a better person. I love you so much baby! Thank you!

It's Day 90 and it's gloomy out. It doesn't help in the motivation or inspiration. All I wanna do is lay down and watch a feel good movie! Doesn't that sound pleasant? Well, I can actually go to my softball game tonight, so that's okay, I just wish my games were at 6:30 so I can get home at a decent hour. Today wasn't as successful at the gym as I hoped, but like I mentioned early, the smaller goals (miles) will help you achieve your larger goals (miles)!

I hope you can overcome your gloomy days.

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment