Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunny with a Chance of Sleep

Good Afternoon! I'm exhausted today...and it's from doing a whole lotta nothin! I had softball last night and we stayed up watching Glee and Biggest Loser so it makes sense that I'm so tired, but I'm completely drained. Drain-O! But, the sun's out and I'm wearing shorts and I don't have to go to class after work today! Sounds like I could just go home and sleep it off, but I won't...I'll go home, read and relax, watch some tv, eat some dinner, and do nothing! Sounds fun, huh!! Come on over!

My foot is acting up again...and that's not a good thing! I've got less than 6 weeks before the race and now is when my mileage starts to kick it into high gear, and my foot feels like it's broken. Not all the time, but it starts to creep in when I get to about mile 3. If you don't remember, the race is 13 miles...so I'm not sure what to do about it now. I've been to the foot doctor twice and he's just given me some shots, which help for about 3 weeks and then it hurts again. So, I'm trying to decide if I wanna get a shot now to continue with the training and then get one about 2 weeks before the race so I'll be good to go...but what happens after? I'm already looking ahead to do some more competitive racing after this race, so as the doc puts it "is surgery in my future?" This is obviously the last resort, but I can't give up running that easily. I'd rather fix the problem now, so I can get right back on the horse! Maybe the next shot will help!

I miss you all!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment