Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...Asking Questions!

I am terrible at asking questions. I mean, I ask questions when I need to know certain answers, but according to some close friends of mine, I don't ask all the questions I should be asking. For instance, if I happened to run into an old friend who is engaged to be married, I would tell them congratulations and maybe ask when the wedding was. Thinking ahead about how excited someone would be once I told them who I saw, and that she was getting married, and how she looked, and when the wedding was, I thought they would be excited to hear what I had to say. WRONG! I was supposed to ask how he proposed? What shape her ring was? Where she's getting her dress? Who the bridesmaids are? How her parents are? Where she's living? Where she's working? If she's been in contact with anyone else? Is she pregnant? Etc, etc, etc.

It all started with my dear friend Cassy. She is the queen of questions! She knows exactly what to ask to get all the juicy details about anything. I don't know how she does it, but I do know that she'd get very upset with me when I didn't ask all the right questions. She'd always ask me what the ring looked like and I'd never know! Then it moved on to Natasha. She never had tons of questions, but really liked details about stuff. I felt like I forgot to enroll in the college course of Proper Question Asking 101. She wanted to know what they were wearing (an issue of my memory which I've discussed before is not what it should be), she'd want to know if they've talked to so-and-so recently, or what they've been up to for the last few years. The best thing about Tash is that she actually knew all these answers from her CSI-like ways on MySpace and Facebook. She could probably have told me who I would run into when I went to the mall next week! Then there was Jamie...she asks lots of questions. The only difference is that they're always about how YOU are doing. That's nice. Sometimes I'd discover new things about myself that I never knew because I'd never questioned myself before. And now I have my lovely Candy! I always make fun of her because she repeats herself a lot, but I'm pretty sure it's to test my memory! She asks me questions about everything and luckily, because I'd probably forget to tell her things if she didn't ask. I know that's not a healthy way to have a relationship, but I think after 4 years she understands that my memory is going as I get older! She reminds me of stuff when she asks questions, so I'm luckily not as forgetful when she's by my side. Important NOTE: That is NOT why I keep her around! Anyway, she encompasses all the question asking qualities of Cassy, Tash, and Jamie, because she asks lots of questions, wants to know the details, and wants to know about me. Important NOTE: THAT'S why I keep her around...she's actually into ME!

So, next time you want to know something from or about me...just ask Candy!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment