Saturday, January 23, 2010

...snow in Albuquerque!

It snows in Albuquerque very rarely, but when it does, the temperature drops to low 30s and everyone seems miserable! Except for those who love snow and understand that if it snows in Alb then it snowed even more in the top ski places. I don't ski. Never been before. Maybe I'm good at it, but I've never gone. Not much desire to go out into the cold and fly down the side of a mountain when I can be at home where it's warm and there's cold beer in the fridge! Just my opinion of course and I think it's great that there are so many people who love to ski and who can take my GF whenever she wants to go (when her knee is feeling okay of course). I feel really bad about that...the fact that I've never gone snowboarding or skiing and my poor GF hasn't been able to go, but once, since she's had her knee surgery (4 years ago)! The one time she went she said it hurt like hell, so I'm not sure when she's gonna go back up to the mountain top, but I'll be cheering her on while I watch a football game in my pajamas on my couch!

Anyway, whenever there is some crazy weather in Alb, you wouldn't know it if you slept in. It can rain, snow, freeze over, and melt within 4 hours, so if you're doing a project or watching a movie, you'll probably miss it. If you are flying into Alb from anywhere and your plane is delayed because of bad weather in Alb, you wouldn't know it when you finally arrived. This is the one place where you can get all 4 seasons in one day. I woke up at 9:30 and there was snow covering the ground...it's 11:00 now and you wouldn't even know it snowed!

Anyway, I'm just glad there's no wind...that's what really makes the cold suck! I spent 10 days in Sarasota, Florida at the beginning of January and everyday there was colder and more windy than today. I still had a great time, but it made for a cool day at the beach and only one day of fun in the sun that was spent at the ballfields anyway! Oh well, I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Although if it were warm, Candy wouldn't have seen ANY of my games! And she would have come home with a really bad sunburn! Gotta love it!

So, next time you wake up to snow, take a picture, cause it lasts longer!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment