Friday, March 30, 2012

Back In The Saddle

Today's run was anything but easy!  It was my first day back since I got my cold.  I haven't run since last Tuesday, which was a 4.5-miler, and the Sunday before that was my 10-miler.  Although I did play 3 softball games last weekend, but of all the running I did in those games, it probably didn't equal close to a full mile!  But I'm back, and although I didn't feel sick, it wasn't an easy run.

I decided to jump right back in the mix with a 4 mile trail run!  A little overzealous for my first go round, but I thought I needed to do something a little more challenging to show I didn't lose all my hard work and training by taking 9 days off!  The sun was shining, the trails were clear from people, and the rest was up to me.  I started with a pretty good first mile...my usual trail pace, just over a 10 min mile.  Then I started thinking the roads might have been a better choice for my run today.  The second mile was a full minute slower than the first.  I was able to cut off a few seconds from the 3rd mile, and the 4th mile was all new trails I'd never been on before and I wasn't sure where I was going and I was getting tired, so clearly it was the slowest mile, but on average the whole run was just over an 11 min mile!  I would consider that a success!

Tomorrow I might just stick to the roads because I wanna get in as many miles as possible tomorrow (more than 6, less than 12).  It's gonna be another great weather day tomorrow so I really wanna take advantage of the sunshine.  I'm not gonna try to hit a specific pace or time, I just wanna feel comfortable and pump out some much needed mileage.

I can't even look ahead to the weekend yet, because work is so crazy busy.  I really shouldn't even be blogging right now because I have so much to do, but I really wanted to tell you about my run.  So, I'm off to work now, and I'll check back in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

What are your plans?  I have a study group tomorrow, my run, and a final four party tomorrow.

~Chix

1 comment:

  1. I like running on trails...no pressure to maintain a certain pace :)

    Glad you are feeling better! Wishing you a great weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete