Friday, April 20, 2012

In The News...

I'd like to send a shout out to New Balance for being Gay Friendly!  They now sell Rainbow shoes and yours truly has a pair of her own!
Behold!  The beautiful Rainbow shoes!

Up close and personal with the gay stripes!
How great are these shoes!  I will not be running in these shoes, but will be wearing them for fashion purposes.  I wore them for the lunch hours, but since I have a race tomorrow I took them off so as not to mess up my feet pre-race.  My lil guys are sensitive to that kind of thing!

And yes, you heard that correctly, tomorrow is the halfer here in town.  I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be, I'm just trying to stay relaxed and excited all at the same time.  The weather is going to be amazing tomorrow too...a high of 84!!  So at 8am, it'll be high 50's and by my last mile it'll be high 60's!  Looks like my race outfit is perfect. 

In other news, the GF and I bought a whole bunch of colorful flowers that she is planting in my boss's backyard.  We had a good time picking out the best of the bunch.  Knowing that they'll be dead within a few months, we didn't buy many expensive types, nor did we shop at an expensive flower shop.  But they are very pretty for the time being!

In other other news, last night we met a guy who is sort of a stuntman cameraguy for the movies.  He's in town for a week and a half to film the movie The Host, which is based off a book written by the Twilight series author Stephanie Meyer.  He basically rides in helicopters to shoot aerial scenes and scenes involving other helicopters.  He showed us some pictures of some of the vehicles they're using in the movie...pretty friggin cool!  It was interesting getting a chance to ask him questions about what he does!  Cool job!

In today's news, the Red Sox are celebrating 100 years of baseball today.  100 years ago today, they played their very first game and today they brought back all of their alumni!  We watched as player after player came onto the field and was applauded by the sold out home crowd.  All the greats were there, from Luis Tiant and Bill Lee (our 2 faves), to Carl Yastremski, Pesky, Doehr, Fisk, Rice, Pedro Martinez, and the 2 most recent retirees, Varitek and Wakefield.  It was exciting to see all these guys on one field celebrating this exciting team and sport!  Can't wait for the Dodgers to have this same kind of celebration!

In future news, next weekend I get to watch my niece and nephew (assuming my Bro and Seester still want me to)!  But I'm planning on getting the cutest pictures of them ever, so stay tuned for those! 

Well, I'm off to begin my weekend!  I'll recap the race as soon as get the chance.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?  It's currently 73, sunny, and no wind!

Running any races this weekend?  First time I'll be running a half in Albuquerque!

Who's your favorite baseball team?  AL - Red Sox, NL - Dodgers

~Chix

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are bright!! And speedy, they look wickedly speedy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those shoes are fabulous! Can't wait to hear all about your race!

    ReplyDelete