On to more important things, my race is this Saturday morning. I'm feeling pretty prepared, even though none of my long runs were over 10 miles, that's normally where I stop anyway. Although I can pretend this is a training run for my half in 2 weeks, then I can say I ran over 10 miles!! Clever! Anywho, my race goals:
- No walking, unless there's a jam at a water stop.
- Sub 2:00, just kidding! Fun to say, but just kidding. Hopefully around 2:20ish.
- Stay positive and relaxed through entire race. Negative thoughts will only bring me down.
- Don't shoot out the gates too fast. Yeah right, so at least find your proper pace after the first couple miles.
- Maintain that pace for the remainder of the race and hopefully have a little Umph at the end.
Have a great day!