Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge

Eureka!  6 miles yesterday after work...BAM!  I felt great the whole time and probably could've done more, but I had 6 in my mind and finished strong.  My shirt was literally dripping because it was soaked with sweat (since mile 3).  I tried not to think about how great I was feeling during the run because I didn't want to jinx myself and end up having to stop for some stupid reason.  My right foot tried to act up, but the small pains went away quickly.  Today I feel good too...slight pain in my left calf.  I'm hoping to get in a quick mile or two when I get home later tonight, but we'll see if that pans out.  I was supposed to get up early before work and run, but when my alarm went off, my bed just felt SOOOO comfy, so I decided to be late for work instead!

So, yesterday after my class I was talking with the head of my department about random stuff.  We do this 'catch up' talk on Mondays and we discuss lots of different things from what happened over the weekend, to ideas for class, to life stuff.  Here's how a part of the convo went yesterday:

Her: So how are you enjoying things so far? (in regards to teaching)
Me:  I love it!  Seriously, I absolutely love it!
Her: Well that's good to hear.  There should be a full time position being posted in the late fall.

Eureka times two!  Are you serious?  This was like the biggest *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, smile, smile, hint, hint* that I've gotten in a long time.  She's already told me that she wants to switch up my classes in the Fall so I can be "more well-rounded".  I've just been getting these awesome vibes from her that she wants to make my dreams come true!!  I'm gonna leave it at that, since all these developments will not take place til the end of this year and through the Spring of next year, but I had to let you all know!

Yesterday was the deadline for submitting your application to be on one of 3 teams that Nuun is putting together for the Hood to Coast race in August.  I did not submit.  Sad, I know.  But I did not submit.  It's not that I'm not one of the most creative people in the world.  It's not that I don't love to run.  It's not that I didn't want to be a part of this amazing opportunity.  It's not that I was intimidated by all those awesome running bloggers out there who might be better than me.  And it's not that I was gonna be disappointed if I applied and didn't get picked.  It's pretty much because I missed the bill.  I didn't take it seriously enough, and I missed the deadline.  I really don't know what my schedule will be like in August, but I'm sure I could've made an exception to participate in something of this magnitude.

Let's look on the bright side of no submission:
1. I don't have to run more than my limit of 13.1 miles in a day.
2. I don't have to sit in a van with a boat load of other stinky women.
3. I don't have to meet 30 other really interesting female running bloggers.
4. I don't have to partake in one of the greatest running events around.
5. I don't have to worry about the memories I'll make or the fun I'll have.
6. I don't have to blog about the great experience and how everyone should do this.

Sounds like I saved myself from all that nonsense...Phew! :-(

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment