Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 1...

It's a new day! I've committed myself to this journey and now I have you all to hold me accountable. I can't promise that I'll catalogue every day of this journey, but I can promise that I'll make it to that finish line! Besides, with the strength of Granny behind me, her determination and will inside me, and her love surrounding me, the finish line is just the beginning to so many things. Thanks for allowing me to share this journey with you. I love you Granny!

Now, Day 1 has come! I haven't been the most active since I returned from Baseball Camp on January 10th...in fact, I haven't been to the gym since...until today. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran 2 miles and did some leg work and some sit-ups. I didn't want to over-do it on my first day back in the grind. The treadmills at the gym are amazing because they have the tv's built right into them, so I could watch the news, Guliana & Bill, Nascar, or Olympic Curling! I went with Nascar since there were only 30 laps left...and for my GF, Carl Edwards got 2nd!

I'm probably gonna regret this all tomorrow when I can't seem to lift my body out of bed, but Granny's little voice is gonna pop in my head and remind me why I'm doing all this!

I'm gonna get t-shirts made! Thanks to my brother, I've got a new slogan "The Battle For Seattle", so I'll start there. If you'd like a shirt, I bet I can find a good deal once I've created the design!!

Go Me!
~Chix

"There is only one big thing - desire. And before it, when it is big, all is little."
-Willa Cather

No comments:

Post a Comment