Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 5

Let's be honest, nobody thought I'd make it to Day 5, but here I am! If I can just make it to Day 21, then this should become a habit right? Went to the gym with the office today. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but I was originally asked to run this race by Julie, one of my co-workers, so I've sort of stolen the thunder by doing it in honor of my Granny. She knows this, but I think she's okay with it because if I'm motivated, then she'll be motivated. She's also got some other friends running the race too, so I didn't really overshadow her. Although, they will not have cool shirts like me!

My new running shoes might be too big, but they also felt like concrete bricks on my run today! I felt like my turnover was like running through molasses! 2M took 2 years to get here! But I did get to watch Olympic curling. Canada is kicking major butt and USA sucks the big one! Not in hockey though, which has been a huge topic of conversation here at the office today.

Who's your hero? Who's that one person, famous or not, who you really look up to and believe in their story? Like the girl who hurt her knee on the softball field and her players carried her around the bases...heroes! Or the kid who got cut from his high school basketball team, only to be one of the worlds greatest NBA players...hero! Or the grandmother who used to wake you up in the middle of the night to teach you how NOT to pee in the bed...my hero! Think of these people (cause you can have more than one) this week and try to motivate yourself to hopefully be somebody else's hero someday.

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment