Monday, February 1, 2010

...Weekends!

Weekends are supposed to be for relaxing from the long week of working. So, why is it we use weekends to do all the things we couldn't do during the week, so we are so tired Monday morning because we didn't really relax much? Oh well! Weekends are really made so you can do whatever you want to do...and a bit of what you need to do. For instance, my weekends are usually made up of lots of studying and doing homework. I try to get some of it done while the GF is still sleeping so I don't ruin our day together, but really I have so much stuff to study that I end up taking up some hours in the middle of both Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise, we played video games, we ate lots of different kinds of food, we did a little house decor, we watched a lot of tv, and lots of little things mixed in there!

It was truly a great weekend. On Monday mornings, my co-workers always ask how my weekend was and it takes me a second to remember exactly what I did and if it was any good. This weekend was good...it especially made up for a really crappy Friday afternoon! My GF really knows how to take care of me! I take care of her too. Anyway, I'm already looking forward to next weekend...it'll start on a kind of low note, but the rest of the weekend is just for making me feel good again. My BF is coming into town (sad that the BFGF isn't coming, but it's Spring, and Spring means never seeing my BFGF), her mother is making us posole, the dogs are getting cleaned, we're going to a show, we're celebrating our new home, and we're having a Superbowl party! Can't get any better than this! I also have study time worked into the mix and some shopping, but the good outweighs the bad!! I also get to see my niece and nephew again this coming weekend! Good times!

Speaking of the Superbowl...it's gonna be a great game. Maybe it'll be a shootout like the Pro Bowl last night! I guess when you put (almost) all the greatest players on one field, the score is bound to go crazy. I still don't like that it was the weekend before the Superbowl AND in Miami, but whatever...I'm just glad I made it to Hawaii to see it there before they cancel it forever. I pray that it really was just one year off and they resign in Hawaii!! More incentive to take a long vacation in February!!

So, if you've had a long week at work and it's only Monday, think ahead to the happiness that is known as "The Weekend", and you'll be happy in an instant!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment