Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 2...

Wow! Woke up this morning and my quads were pretty tight and my upper shoulder area/lower neck area are pretty sore. That's what I get for not working out for 2 months! Went to the doctor today and he said I was in pretty good health, so this running thing shouldn't be a problem at all! I'm also gonna pay for the race soon too. So, now I have no excuses to not do this race!

My little inspiration for the day is about falling down and pulling yourself back up. Like, literally falling down! Like, tripping over a tiny tiny pebble and crashing and burning to the ground, possibly skinning your knees or hands or even your face. You've done it, I've done it, we've all done it! My brother once ran into a trash dumpster! It's funny...it is really funny! And that's why we get up again, because we have the ability to laugh at ourselves. We walk away with the memory of that special spot and if we're lucky we've given the onlookers a quick laugh and story for them to share at their office! But, we get back up and keep running, either because our run isn't over, to get away from the onlookers, or because it's in the past now.

So, when you fall...and you will...get back up, wipe off the blood, and laugh about it. It's gonna be a great story once you get home!!

~Chix

"When adversity strikes, it may be what is needed to be successful."
-Inspirational message in football locker room

No comments:

Post a Comment