Thursday, February 18, 2010

...Runner's World!

Good morning friends and family! Today is a good day! Well, besides being a bit tired, having a quiz to study for, and being at work, it is a great day. That's right, and I hope you are all starting out today as great as I am (although I know a few of you who are still sleeping)!

I have officially decided to run a Half-Marathon again! Don't be jealous, but I'm gonna get back into runner's shape and take on the 13.1 this summer! What's my motivation you ask? Well, I'll tell you...



As most of you know, my Granny passed away last month and we were very close. You also probably know that I'll someday get a tattoo to remember her by. But, because she was such an amazing woman, I am using her as my motivation to train and prepare and finish this next Half-Marathon feat! My Granny's name is Satoye Ruth Yamada Hashimoto. She was born in Seattle, Washington and her given name, Satoye, means 'Gift from Seattle'. So, I will be running the Seattle Rock'n'Roll Half-Marathon in honor of my Granny! I hope you will all support me in this endeavor. And by support, I mean to read my past blog about me being lazy and help me get up off the couch and into the gym, onto a treadmill, and eating (a bit) better!

I've got just over 4 months to train. I'm not going for any specific time, although my 2 other Half finish times will loom over my head the whole 4 months. I just want my Granny to be able to "watch" me cross that finish line and know that I did this for her...I think she'd like that.

So, I'm changing the name of my Blog...not sure to what yet, so I'd appreciate some suggestions. But my new Blog name will represent my journey these next few months. I hope to keep you up to date on my progress, including my tough days, and I'd appreciate any feedback throughout this experience!

Wish me luck!



~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment