Monday, November 21, 2011

Dark Gray Thursday, A Recap, and A Long Run

Dark Gray Thursday

It's among us folks!  That's right...Black Friday has leaked into late Thursday night, now coined Dark Gray Thursday (by me and the GF).  I'm sure you've already heard about it, but a dozen stores are now opening as early as 10pm on Thanksgiving night.  That's right, before that 2nd turkey sandwich with gravy on top has had time to settle in your belly, you'll be fighting off the old lady from down the street to get your ticket for the cheap 42-inch tv, or the 10 dollar blender!  There isn't really an upside to this Dark Gray Thursday either...cause one would think that after the 10pm madness you can just go home and sleep until mid-Friday afternoon...WRONG!  Another dozen stores open at midnight, and then the remaining bargains go on sale at 6am on the 'actual' Black Friday.  So, if you're one of those crazy wait-in-line-for-hours types and gotta-get-the-doorbusting-deals types then you're in for a much longer shopping trip than usual!  Have fun and get me something nice!

Friday Recap

On Friday, I told you I would do all the following things.  I've listed next to each thing whether it was accomplished or not:

-I plan to get in a long run this weekend, not sure when.  Check! 9 miles, and the last 5 miles sucked tremendously!
-I plan on watching loads of tv.  Check!  Our DVR is down to 4 shows!  We're actually pretty bad about how much tv we watch!  But it's soooo relaxing!
-I plan on doing some laundry so I can have clean workout bras!  Check!  4 loads last night, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to do another load before we leave town on Wednesday!
-I plan on going to Old Navy with the GF to find some great deals.  Check!  Twice actually.  Old Navy really took all of our money this weekend with all of their great deals!
-I plan on walking the dogs with the GF on a path that she's been wanting to go to forever!  Sorry, didn't happen...but it will...looks like it'll have to wait for a couple weekends though.
-I plan on relaxing a little and having some nice frosty beverages.  Check and check!  Relaxed quite a bit and had both beer and margaritas!
-I plan on hating life on Sunday night when I have to go to bed, because I'll have to go to work the next morning.  Check!  And sure enough, I'm hating it this wonderful Monday morning!

As you can see, it was a very productive weekend!

My Long Run

I mentioned above that I got in a 9 mile run this weekend...It Sucked!  The weather was perfect, so I could wear my shorts and short sleeves.  Unfortunately, I still sweat like a pig!  I ran along the river path again and so the scenery was lovely, although I must send out an apology to the lovely bush that I peed all over around mile 2.5!  I felt really great for the first 4 miles.  I knew that if I did an 'out and back' route, then I had to finish all the miles to get back to my car...even if I was crawling.  Miles 5 and 6 were tough...at 5 I could feel myself starting to slow down and my right nipple felt like it was being ripped off.  With every step I took, I thought it was coming off...such pain!  So, needless to say, mile 6 was extremely painful and slow.  I had already hit the turn around point, but I still had about 4 miles to get back to my car.  I walked!  I had to, the wind was now in my face, but it hurt so bad with every footfall and it was getting really awkward running with my hand over my boob.  After a half mile walk, my nipple was pretty numb from it being sweaty and the cold wind hitting it, I thought I'd try running again.  It was tough to start up because my limbs were now getting sore, but I pressed on, mind you a lot slower because the nipple pain was still there.  I jogged about 2 more miles and had to walk again!  Torture, I know!  I had about a mile and a half back to the car when these 2 girls came blazing past me!  Actually, they were probably at a 10min mile pace, but because I was walking, I was like they were mocking me!  So, I picked it up and ran about 1 mile back to the car (in pain).  Overall, about 9 miles that ended up being over an 11min per mile pace.  I could've added in the 10th mile, but I didn't want to see my overall pace!  But I made it through...and since you're wondering, so did my nipple!

Today is freeze your nipple off weather too!  Good luck to me!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment