Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Long Weekends Rock!

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend, and has somewhere to eat yummy green bean casserole (and whatever else you like)!  We are headed to the inlaws in TX, so pray for good weather and good moods.  Here are a few things I'm thankful for:

-I'm thankful for beginning my new career in January.
-I'm thankful for my family and friends.
-I'm thankful for Neko and Jersey, Riley and Ramsey, and Mr. Bubbles.
-I'm thankful for my legs staying healthy and remembering to follow the leader.
-I'm thankful for today being a halfday...for me!

A Runner's World

Well, we're at 11 days and counting til Vegas!  That's right, the countdown has begun!  I'm feeling really positive about this race as of now.  I've trained better than I did last year.  I'm thinking the first 6 miles are gonna be great, but who knows about the rest.  I had a good 6-mile workout yesterday and some good speedwork this morning, but who knows what this weekend has in store for me!  Here's a few things I'm focusing on in the next 11 days:

-I'm focusing on one leg after another.
-I'm focusing on one more long run.
-I'm focusing on the taper.
-I'm focusing on relaxing my shoulders more.
-I'm focusing on fixing my nipple issues.

All In A Day's Work

I have a halfday today, and I'm off next Friday and the following Monday.  I love those days and I look forward to those days.  I also have begun the process of getting ready for my class to start in January.  I am working on the syllabus and the class schedule, so I may be asking for advice on simple little things that would only require a quick comment or text...don't be shy, everyone has an opinion!  Why is it that on the days when I need to get so much done, I do other stuff instead?  That's why I feel so busy, but I had to tell all my followers how thankful I am for them and how I'll try to blog you over the long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment