Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Inspirational, I Am!

It's happened!  I'm sure it's happened before, but I'd never had the opportunity to actually document it.  I have inspired my brother to mock me!  Normally he just does it and we move on, but this time he actually started up his own blog and his first post was about MY blog.  If you'd like to take a gander, it's called Agony of Da Feet...which is a very creative name if he were a runner!  Not sure if they're all gonna be about my blog, but we'll see!

Speedwork!  This means running at a higher speed than your normal race pace in hopes of maybe becoming faster and increasing your race pace.  I'm not sure that's what it actually does, nor am I sure if I do it the right way, but I definitely run faster than I do when I'm running races or just longer distances.  For instance, when I ran 5 miles last Friday, this past Sunday, or even the 3 I did yesterday, I ran at either 5.7 or 5.8 on the treadmill.  That's a comfortable 10:20 per mile.  I can usually sustain that pace for about 6 to 8 miles and then slow down even more to average out at about 11 minutes per mile for the last 5 to 7.  With this speedwork, I am running 800m (twice around a track) at either a 6.4 or 6.5 on the treadmill.  That's into the 9:25 per mile range.  If I sustained this pace for an entire half marathon, I could finish just over 2 hours!  I'm hoping my body will remember all this hard work and help me along the course!

I love my GF!  She does way too much for me!  I'm spoiled and I really don't deserve it.  I just wanted you all to know that I'm really thankful to have her in my life.

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment