Sunday, December 27, 2009

...having the same response!

Have you ever wondered what someone else was thinking? Have you ever had someone ask you what YOU were thinking? Well, tonight at 'game night' we played a new game called Likewise. You flip over two different cards that say something like "crazy" and "haircut" and each person playing writes down a secret answer with their idea of a "crazy haircut". Whoever matches the most same answers gets a point for that round. The cards say something different each round, from "awful sandwiches" to "ultimate superheroes" to "awkward things on the beach". You really never know which two cards will match up and you never know what the other people are going to say. All you have is a gut feeling and some hopefulness that someone else will write down what you wrote down. You have to be thinking the same thing I'm thinking at the same time I'm thinking it...easy? No! It's especially hard with people who don't know you that well!

Anyway, it's just a game, but in reality, I don't really care what people think I'm thinking. To save you the trouble, I mostly make lists in my head. Sounds geeky, but if you remember a couple weeks ago, I wrote about making lists and scheduling things...I love lists! I'll make a list for anything...so if I look deep in thought, I'm probably just adding things to my lists! For instance, right now I'm making a list on topics I could possibly write about for my blog. Earlier today I was making a list of all the things I need to get done tomorrow. Yesterday I was making a list of all the bills I need to pay before I get paid again. And tomorrow I'll probably make a list of what I need to pack for my upcoming vacation!

So, next time you're wondering what someone else is thinking, maybe you should worry about your own To Do List!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment