Friday, February 3, 2012

The Pups

I didn't get up to run this morning, knowing that I had lunch plans, and I'm feeling very guilty about it.  It was only supposed to be a 3 mile run, but I still feel bad.  I can put it on the fact that I'm getting sick and I needed the sleep and I shouldn't overdo it and I should rest before my race on Sunday and blah, blah, blah.  But I feel weird not having run today.  I know it's only 3pm and I have all evening to run, but I'm supposed to meet a friend for drinks after work, and running after I've been drinking is a bad combo!  And now my stomach is upset!  Probably because of the pizza I scarfed at lunch, knowing that I shouldn't eat so much, but instead I polished it off.

I apologize to some of you for singling out Skinny Runner yesterday in my post.  She has done so many races in a small amount of time and I had just read her blog before I posted, so she was fresh on the brain.  I neglected to mention how Becka at 50 Half Marathons in 50 States has also had a HUGE January with over 200 logged miles!  And Nicole from Becoming a Mother Runner was on a 58-day running streak that just ended with the Tinkerbell Half Marathon!  And XLMIC at Taking it On is about to run her fastest 5K EVER this weekend!  So, there are plenty of you out there who are just as crazy as SR, or me, or anyone else!

Appreciation Time!

Today I'd like to appreciate my dogs!  I know they can't read this, so I promise to give them plenty of loving at home to show my appreciation...but I thought you'd all like to know how grateful I am for having them in my life.  When I was growing up, I had dogs and cats, but I always loved the cats more.  In high school, I got this really weird fear of dogs and vowed that I'd never put my face in a dogs mouth own one again.  6 years ago, I met Lady (my pups mother) and fell in love with her.  I told the GF we had to have her...so we got something even better...the runt from her first litter, and we named her Jersey!  Jersey has grown to be absolutely beautiful and is smarter than me!  She is the sweetest, most loving dog in the world.  She gives great kisses, she runs on the treadmill to keep her girly figure, she rings a bell for treats, and she obeys her commands fairly well.  A year later, Lady had another litter and that's when we picked out Neko.  Her markings and color were amazing and her eyes were blue.  We had to have her.  Now, as cute as she is, she's not the brightest crayon in the box.  She's smart enough, but doesn't even come close to her sister.  She can follow most commands, but she sure can be a little shit!  She runs from the vacuum cleaner, she pulls down and tears up everything that's within her reach even though she knows it's bad, and she always knows when she's in trouble.

They sleep the wrong way on the bed, they get hair all over the place, they take our socks into the backyard, they drag mud into the house, they jump up on visitors, they want to play fetch for hours, and they could possibly lick you to death, but just when you thought you made a wrong decision, they turn out to be the cutest things in the world and you know you made the right choice...TWICE!
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Chix

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the splayed out sofa shot! They look so happy and comfy! You must be an awesome dogmom :)

    and whoa, dude... not sure it'll be my fastest 5K EVER... LOL. My PR is from 1997 and is 21:20. I know for sure that I won't be seeing THAT :P But I love and appreciate your awesome vote of confidence!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dogs, they are super gorgeous!! Thanks for the streak love, I'm pretty thrilled with myself (even though I'm not so secretly bummed that I didn't make it longer). Don't feel too bad for missing one run, if you need a rest day you need a rest day!

    ReplyDelete