Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Racing and Appreciation-ing

Sunday is race day.  It's also new commercials day.  And for you people on the (North) East Coast it's superbowl day.  As you can see, the superbowl is not a priority for me this year.  I really don't care for either team playing...I love football, so I'll end up watching, but it's more for the commercials!  If any of them are like the darth vader kid commercial, then they're gonna be good!  Anywho, it's race day.  I am running a 10K that afternoon here in town.  I haven't run a race in town since Halloween, so I'm pretty excited!  It's more of a scheduled 6 mile long run, but knowing me I'll probably try for a PR which is around an hour 4 minutes.

I had a really good speed workout today, so hopefully that'll translate to me going fast on Sunday!  What's totally awesome though, is that the GF is running the 5K at the same time!  I'm so proud of her.  It's more of a baseline race for her, so when I talk her into running another 5K in March and April, she'll have a time to beat!

Today is the first day of my Appreciation Challenge, so I'd like to take a moment to Appreciate my brother!

I've known this guy my whole life.  When I was younger, I remember knocking on his door at night because I had bad dreams and I would ask if I could sleep with him and he'd let me sleep on the floor next to his bed.  When he was older, he would come home drunk and throw up all over the place and I would clean it up so he wouldn't get in trouble.  When I started high school, he wouldn't let me sit near him on the bus to school because I wasn't cool enough.  When I moved out of the house we really never saw each other because our lives went two separate directions.  It wasn't until he got married and had kids that we ultimately became closer than we have ever been.  Not that we agree on everything all the time, but it's nice to know that he's always right around the corner.  He calls me all the time.  He asks for my help every once and again.  He even stops by to see me at school now.  He's one of my biggest fans and I want him to know that I'm one of his biggest fans too.  I appreciate that he never made it easy for me growing up, because it's made me stronger.  I appreciate how strong he was when our dad passed away, because it made me feel safe.  I appreciate that he's seen "rock bottom", because it makes him a better person.  I appreciate that he's an amazing father and husband because it makes him complete.  And I appreciate that he's the bestest brother ever, because I love having him around.  I love you bro!

Have a great day!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment