Monday, April 12, 2010

What is Today Anyway?

Well, it's Monday, that's for sure! And I'm pretty sure I have a case of the Monday's. I had no clue why my alarm was going off this morning. I really thought it was still the weekend and was upset upon the realization that I had to get up and get ready for work. Once I walked in to the office I immediately became tired! Like I hadn't rested all weekend, although I had a well rested weekend! And then, THEN, my boss arrives at 9am! WHAT?!?! He never gets here before 10am, so I had to listen to his shenanigan's (my word of the day) ALL morning long. Poor Becca at work was catapulted into doing work right away this morning (not to mention again that it IS monday), so I'm sure she was not very pleased either! I went to the gym at lunch, but now I'm back here at work doing everything I can to just get through the day. I'm gonna go run some errands in a bit, to cut out some time in the day. Then tonight is the Isotopes home opener...might be a bit windy, but it's gonna be fun, fun, fun!!

Today is April 12, 2010. There are 2 birthdays on my personal calendar, but some notable famous people who were born today are David Letterman, David Cassidy, Andy Garcia, Shannen Doherty, and Claire Danes. What's unfortunate is today is the day Franklin D. Roosevelt died 65 years ago. I have a picture in my loft of my Granny with Eleanor Roosevelt, the better half, and is rumored to be part of my "family" if you know what I mean! It's also the beginning of the last 5 weeks of school! Now that is exciting! And today's inspiration is "what works for someone else may not work for you." Let's let that marinate...


Today is also Day 54! That's right, I'm creeping upon the 2 month mark and I've got just over 2 months to go! Among that 54 days, 2 weeks were devoted to sickness, approximately 2 weeks were devoted to rest days, so that leaves about 3o+ days for workouts! I said earlier how I went to the gym at lunch today, well my actual "race plan" started today and I was scheduled to run 3miles. After running 8miles total this weekend, I almost wanted to not go, but I went and knocked out 3miles quite nicely! It helped to be watching The Dark Knight on HBO while I did it too! And it was my fastest time yet. I should start quickening my pace if I want to finish within my goal time!

I hope you have a good today!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment