Friday, April 30, 2010

Cheers!

So, here's a cute story for you all today. I hope this makes you smile and possibly bring a tear to your eye!

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy. "Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies." "Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money." The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer. "I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?" "Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle.. "Here, Dolly!" he called. Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up... "I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would." With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands." With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup. Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy. "How much?" asked the little boy. "No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love.."

I hope you enjoyed that story. I must admit that a tear came to my eye both times I read it today! Well, it's almost the weekend and you know what that means: I might not write again until Monday, so I have to leave you with lots of lovin'. Tomorrow I have another softball tournament. I enjoy playing, but we have to play the exact same teams we played in the last tournament. I just wish she'd mix it up a bit! I secretly kinda wanna lose 2 games right away so that I don't waste my whole day at the fields. Well, I guess it's no secret now! Sunday morning I am Running for the Zoo. A 10K at 7am...I've had lots of good runs this week so I'm hoping that I won't completely suck it up! My pace will obviously slow down a bit, but maybe I will surprise myself!! I'll be sure to let you know how I did next week.

The temperature dropped in our house last night so it got pretty cold during the night. When that happens the dogs like to sleep in the bed where they can generate more heat from our human bodies. They also like to sleep in between us, so they steal all the covers from me and the GF, which means we freeze all night long. And because I'm so lazy, I never wanna get up to turn on the heater, nor do I even wanna roll over to ask the GF to do it. So, needless to say, we both slept pretty horribly last night.

I'm really ready for the weekend too. It's been the LONGEST week for me. I've had loads on my mind, I've been going to my last classes, I've been working on my final reviews and homework and papers, I've been busy at work trying to get crap done (which didn't happen), I've been dealing with office drama all week, and I've been working out consistently too. So, the weekend is a blessing right now. Regardless of what I may do this weekend, I'm glad it's here. I hope you all have a great weekend too.

Cheers!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment