Monday, October 31, 2011

Amazing and Unbelievable

I complained a lot last week about how I'm not gonna be ready for Vegas.  Now, although I still think I won't be as ready as I should be, I don't think I'm as far off target anymore.  I ran the 10K of a lifetime yesterday!  Well, looking back at my prior 10K time it looks like I'm just eerily consistent!  But seriously, I was so worried that I'd finish the race in last place!  Here were my pre-race goals:
- Don't stop running.
- Try to run first half faster than last weekends 5K run.
- Just find a pace and stick with it.
- Finish around 1 hour 10 minutes. (And hopefully not last place)

Here's how it went down:
- Saw a good friend who was also running the 10K, who happened to mention that I was her inspiration for trying to run a 1 hour 4 minute 10K!
- Weather was perfect.
- I didn't stop to pee during the entire race.
- Only once did I think to myself that I was crazy for doing this.
- I fell right into the perfect pace and stayed that way for the entire race.
- I didn't finish last.
- I finished in 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds.

I seriously felt amazing for the entire race.  I actually probably could've run another mile or two.  My legs kept turning over perfectly, I could breathe perfectly, and I just kept reminding myself to just run...don't think about the race, just relax and run.  In a blog I follow, the blogger mentioned she had a couple "strong" runs this past week, and I know exactly how she feels, because this 10K was unbelievable!  It gave me a small glimmer of hope that I might actually not feel like a fool in Vegas!

As for the rest of my weekend, Blue Man Group was hysterical, the Broncos suck are in a bad patch, Michigan is playing some really great football (actually hard to judge until the good teams come along), the dogs like Kit Kat's so much they don't even unwrap them before eating them, our surround sound is a joke, and I love new clothes!

What do you feel good about?

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment