- Don't stop running.
- Try to run first half faster than last weekends 5K run.
- Just find a pace and stick with it.
- Finish around 1 hour 10 minutes. (And hopefully not last place)
Here's how it went down:
- Saw a good friend who was also running the 10K, who happened to mention that I was her inspiration for trying to run a 1 hour 4 minute 10K!
- Weather was perfect.
- I didn't stop to pee during the entire race.
- Only once did I think to myself that I was crazy for doing this.
- I fell right into the perfect pace and stayed that way for the entire race.
- I didn't finish last.
- I finished in 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds.
I seriously felt amazing for the entire race. I actually probably could've run another mile or two. My legs kept turning over perfectly, I could breathe perfectly, and I just kept reminding myself to just run...don't think about the race, just relax and run. In a blog I follow, the blogger mentioned she had a couple "strong" runs this past week, and I know exactly how she feels, because this 10K was unbelievable! It gave me a small glimmer of hope that I might actually not feel like a fool in Vegas!
As for the rest of my weekend, Blue Man Group was hysterical, the Broncos
What do you feel good about?