Thursday, March 18, 2010

29 Knuts in one Sickle

Who knows what this means? I just found out, so don't be sad if you don't know. I only have one person in mind who will maybe know this and one other who might catch it...otherwise I don't know if you'll get it. Text me if you think you know and I'll reveal it tomorrow for those that don't!

So, here's the "actual" inspiration for the day: "Negative things occur in everyone's life. You've got to find a way to turn those negatives into positives." I've pretty much lived my life this way. So many negative things happen everyday to everyone, so why think that it's not gonna happen to you too? Stay positive. First of all, there's always tomorrow. Second, why dwell on something you can't change? If it's already happened, then you can't change it...I'm sorry, but you can't change it. So third, think of the good things. There are always good things happening too.

Let me give you an example: For instance, let's say you've got a big test tomorrow so you're supposed to go study with some friends for a few hours because you really don't understand the material. On your way to the library your car breaks down. You have to wait 45 minutes for a tow truck. The tow costs $125 and now you don't have any more money until next week. You miss your study session and only have an hour to study before the test tomorrow. So many negatives...let's find some positives out of this. Most people would start crying and worrying about failing the test. Personally, I would pull my book out while I waited for the tow truck. I would be happy that I actually had $125 to get my car towed in the first place. I would know that I had some good friends who would loan me money if I got into a pinch in the next week. And I would use my last studying hour to go over the most important stuff on the test. I would do my best and know that was all I could do. Luckily there will be another test that I can hopefully do better on. This may sound crazy to some of you, but if you start to think this way, you'll reduce your stress level and hopefully come out a happier person. I know I am!

Today's negatives: I did timesheets at work. I was late to work. I don't have a car and almost didn't go to the gym. My tummy is hurting. I won't be home until late tonight. I've got to study.

Today's positives: I made it to the gym and had a great workout. I felt good on the treadmill. I also got to watch some basketball. Old Dominion upset Notre Dame. I'm halfway through timesheets for the month. There's only 2 hours left of work. I took some ibuprofen for my tummy. I'll get a bit of studying done this afternoon. I get to watch the Lobos play tonight. I get to see my GF in a few short hours.

Positives definitely outweigh the negatives! Hope you find a way to do the same!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment