Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8

"The closer I get to achieving my goals, the harder it may become." In the beginning it's easy...1 mile, 2 miles, sometimes even 3 miles...that's easy. I'm getting into the core of my training now so I shouldn't be doing anything less than 3 miles unless it's a warm-up or speed training. The race is 3 months from tomorrow so I've got the bulk of the work yet to come. If I'm running into snags or snafus now, what'll it be like in another month from now, or 2 months from now. But I'm gonna keep pushing myself because that's who I am. I'm gonna complain the week leading up to my 8 mile run, but I'm gonna try to do it the best I can. I'm gonna complain the days after my 8 mile run, but I'll recover...especially cause I know 9 miles is just around the corner!

My natural body aches and creaks and pains and stitches are coming back. You get used to all of them when you put working out aside. You get used to them sticking around. They stop bothering you because you're not trying to move those muscles in "this" sort of way anymore. Then you start moving...moving like I'm doing now...3 miles plus...and here they come...out to complain that you should stop moving already! They're supposed to scare me, but they'll realize that "they" need to go away. No more soreness because that muscle is getting stronger. No more creaking because that joint is oiling itself up. No more pains because I take the proper precautions for my aches. But you always gotta look out for yourself...don't push too hard or you may miss your goal...do what you're supposed to do to reach your goals.

I'd like to take a quick moment to Thank everyone for listening. I hope my blogs give you a quick break from your world and make you think about your life a bit. I know you all care, it was just a weird day for me, but I'm back and I DID go bananas...B.A.N.A.N.A.S! I also don't feel too stressed with school either. I feel like I'm right where I should be...I also got a 91% on my last test! Go me! And 13 total class sessions left...woohoo!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment