Friday, March 26, 2010

XXXVII

It is windy windy windy out today. If I were to run outside, I bet the wind would take off a few minutes...that's how fast it would make me go! I'm not a big fan...I don't think many people are either, but I am definitely not a big fan of the wind. My hair gets all wind blown! Ok, maybe not these days with my short hair, but the GF's hair gets all wind blown!

My inspirations today says that just because i put in a lot of hard work, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll succeed! Real nice, huh? It says that the local "slacker" can do better than me, who works out religiously almost everyday. Real nice, right? Well, the overall message is that although you may put in the extra hours and the longer hours, you need to be smart about it. You also need to realize that it's not about anybody else...just you. You're the one that ultimately has to put in the miles to finish your race, you're the one that gets to cross that finish line. So be smart, or SMRT, and remember that those extra longer hours are to help YOU, nobody else! You'll succeed...you will!

This weekend, do one thing for yourself and one thing for someone else. It doesn't have to be anything big (or it can be), but you'll feel much better after both. Maybe take a bath, read a book, take a walk, take a nap, eat a cupcake, or drink a cocktail! For someone else you could take the dog for a walk, buy your niece a new outfit, help your mom down the stairs, take your GF to dinner, or even give a loved one some time alone (they'll appreciate it)! Whatever it is, it just might make you feel good and it'll definitely make the "someone else" feel just as good!

Have a good weekend!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment