Sunday, March 14, 2010

I-25

So, I was lying in bed this morning, early this morning, because of course I was awakened in the middle of the night by my garage making noises and couldn't fall back asleep for an hour and a half. Anywho, while I was lying there I thought about my blog post yesterday and was frightened for a brief second that I wrote 24 useLESS hours in every day. Wouldn't that have been tragic? Useless instead of Useable? Silly thoughts. With that in mind, spending 40 minutes of my night standing in line at Wal-Mart was not what I meant by useable hours, more like useLESS!

So, Albuquerque is located right on I-25...most anyone who travels to town will pass or drive on I-25 at some point. Great highway really...much less stress free than I-40, for me anyway! Especially now that I spend more time on it than I have in the past 8 years! It's no Route 66, but one way are my cousins and the other way is my best friend. Not a whole lot to look at while you're on it, but it just gives you time to think. I'm sure you all have a favorite highway out there somewhere. Maybe it's one that takes you to your favorite place, maybe it's one that you drive on everyday, maybe it's I-25, or maybe it's the imaginary road that our life is on. As cheesy as that sounds, try to think of what made you pick this particular "highway of life" and what's making you stay on it? Should you slow down, speed up, or take a detour? Is there a road block or is it smooth sailing? Are there bumps, potholes, or loopy roads? If you get off, can you find your way back...do you want to find your way back? Is there room for more people or is it a one-lane one-way road? It's interesting how these simple concepts relate to something so large and complicated...LIFE! Something to think about.

Gee, I should be a motivational speaker...we'll press on about this "highway to life" sometime soon, so for now, think about these questions.

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment