Monday, March 29, 2010

40 Days and 40 Nights

Well, my GF is feeling very thankful this week because Easter is Sunday! She gave up drinking soda for 40 days and 40 nights (most religious people call it Lent) and so once Easter is upon us, she can go back to her diet coke happiness! She's still happy with iced tea, but I'm sure a diet here or there won't bother her!! I'm excited for Easter because it's a Sunday and I don't have to work on Sunday's! Woohoo! See, there's always a reason to celebrate.

"Find contentment in where you are, even if it's not where you want to be at that moment." This is oh, so true! For running purposes, it just means if you need to slow your pace, don't fret...be content. Every moment counts, so you need to make the most of the situation you're in NOW! Don't dwell on where you should be, or where you want to be, just where you be!! Do you see how this now applies for other purposes...life! As I always say, "Build a bridge and get over it!" It's not gonna be easy, just do it! An avid reader of mine once wrote: "I've learned that getting lost, whether geographically, emotionally, or intellectually, is an interesting, if not always comfortable way of learning something new." This ties in with yesterday's blog and today's blog...if you're content while you're lost, you just might learn something new!

I don't know why I'm messing around with all this accounting stuff...I should become a therapist...I've got some great stuff here!!

~Chix

No comments:

Post a Comment